[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Digest V11 #1

  • From: Steve Dunn <bicycle551@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei list <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 14:49:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Thor,

Info regarding roll film back. Just scroll down a little.
http://www.graflex.org/speed-graphic/accessories.html

Here's a copy of the RH-20 roll film back. Same concept, but just a different
size of the negative.
http://www.cameramanuals.org/prof_pdf/graflex_rh_20_film_holder.pdf

Another copy of the instructions:
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/rollfilm.pdf

I just finished using a roll of TMax 100. All went well. Still awaiting final
product.

Hope it helps.

Steve
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 4x5
From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 23:55:59 +0100

Thanks guys.

I’ve brought the ‘Graphic back up from the basement along with the roll film
back and will familiarize myself with them soon.

Anyone have any good references to start with? I have figured out how to open
it, but am not sure how far out to pull the front standard/lens assembly, and
note that the rangefinder on the side (Kalart?), is not only dim, but seems not
to be calibrated at all.

As far as I can tell this is a Century Graphic (2x3” model) with graflok back,
and a “Singer” RH 10 rollfilm back, with a large blue winding lever and a
darkslide on it. The film gate aperture looks like 6x7cm to me.

The camera’s serial number is: 518316, it’s fitted with a Graphlex Optar 101mm
f/4.5 (made by Wollensack), the shutter goes up to 1/400 second.

Thanks,
Thor