[rollei_list] Re: recoating and polishing the Xenotar lens

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:28:43 +0200

On another list - range finder forum - also a nice place - one member sent
his front element off his Summicron to ARAX in the Ukraine and had it
pulished and coated for 30 USD ! he was vey happy with the result. ARAX - as
far as I understand - rebuild KIEV cameras to meet vestern standards and
recement and coat lenses - I have not yet heard negative of the company
!?! -  anyone comment on that ??
There is a small scratch on my Daugters Xenar front element on her 1953 3,5
75 automat and I would like either a new front element or a
pulishing/coating - is it posible to change the front element on a Xenar or
is it individually fitted to the camera ??
I do not mind paying for labour and good work but a simple CLA in Danmark
will cost you 350-500 USD without spare parts - the postage of sending a box
of cameras to the US were I understand many of the best camera doctors
recide is about 150-200 USD two ways -
is anyone familiar with a workshop that can fix leicas/rolleis/hasselblads
in Scandinavia/germany at reasonable prices ??
All the best
Ruben