[rollei_list] Re: question on operating and on screen for Rollei GX and Hood

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:28:32 -0300 (ART)

Hello:

1)I don't know your problem moving the shuuter speed
selector wheel to 1/500, however it's normal for the
Automat Compur shutter that you'll find a strong
resistence to select 1/500 if the shutter is
cocked,you need to select it before to cock the
shutter.

2)The differences between a 75mm lens and a 80mm lens
for the format 6x6 are three degrees for the angle of
view and a perceptible difference for the Depth Of
Field. IMO if you really need to look for a very small
difference, the 80mm is better for portraits and the
75mm is better for landscapes.-

3)2.8 is a very useful aperture. I have an example
taken with the 2.8C Xenotar 2.8/80 at 2.8, APX 100
developed with Rodinal 1+25 at my filder in the Rollei
Gallery, focused with the Rolleimeter 1/25 shutter
speed, camera handheld,:
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-82769.html

All the best
Carlos

 --- Craig Semetko <csemetko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hey Per, (and everyone else out there in Rollei
> land)
>
> Thanks for offering your experiences with different
> Rolleis, and
> general price points for a good used one. Very
> helpful. And thanks for
> the fond welcome to the list!
>
> Before I get too ahead of myself, though, I have to
> ask myself one more
> time: "To 'C' or not to 'C'--that is the question."
> Yes, if I get
> another Rollei it will be a "C." But I have an
> excellent example of the
> Automat with a 75mm Zeiss Opton Tessar (I mistakenly
> said "Xenar" in my
> earlier post) that works very well. It does have
> trouble moving to the
> 500 shutter speed, and the viewfinder is pretty
> dark, but the pictures
> look excellent. Cosmetically my camera is about a 9
> and a half out of
> 10.
>

> I guess what I'm asking is, is it worth the extra
> money/hassle to find
> a "C" in good shape? Either way I go, that is,
> keeping what I have or
> getting a C, I am sure I will be investing in an
> overhaul and Maxwell
> screen. I would like the added 5mm  for portraits,
> but I primarily use
> Tri-X so I wonder if I'll utilize the 2.8 that
> often. Basically, I'm
> wondering what your opinions are on whether I should
> keep what I have
> and get it overhauled or move "up" to a C? Is the
> extra half stop,
> added 5mm in focal length, and better Xenotar lens
> that much
> better/useful than the Opton Tessar I have?
>
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
>
> Craig
>
> On May 18, 2005, at 5:07 PM, Per Einar Forberg
> wrote:
>
> > Craig
> >
> > Excellent feedback! It feels good when someone
> finds good use of
> > the experiences I've made.
> >
> > And welcome to the list!
> >
> > I certainly hope the 2,8 C feels like the correct
> camera for you as
> > well.
> > Secondhand prices for the 2,8C in scandinavia
> ranges from $200 to
> > $400. The one I bought was really cosmetically
> pretty, although a
> > bit slow on the 1 sec. I bought mine for about
> $300 including shipping
> > from Sweden to Norway.
> > Nowadays I'm thinking of selling the other Rollei
> TLRs which has become
> > obsolete, in order to send my 2,8 C to Paepke in
> Germany for a full
> > service. It's not cheap, but they are the most
> professional
> > camerarepair
> > in Europe as far as I've experienced.
> >
> > As i mentioned I bought the 2,8 C due to its 10
> bladed iris diaphragm,
> > and
> > if you want to learn more about why this was
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
Más información en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar