[rollei_list] Re: question on operating and on screen for Rollei GX and Hood

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 05:55:17 -0700

If you still have the 328 get it repaired. Sekonic and others often
have fixed prices to repair a meter. I had the 328f but sold it in
favor of the 508. The 508 is larger but IMO much quicker since you
have ambient metering that can be changed to refelective readings at
the touch of a dial since they are built-in. With the 328 you needed
to replace the dome with a refelective accessory. Slower.

Peter K

On 5/19/05, Ruben <ruben@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jerry
>=20
> I had a Sekonic 328 digi flash meter that was really both small and handy=
 -
> I had an attachment for spot metering that only made the meter about an i=
nch
> larger and was easy to take of again. Unfortunatly the meter broke af 12
> years intensive use so now I only have the spot thing. I could not get a =
new
> 328 so I whent for a 508 - wich is a better meter with spot zoom 5-1 dgr.
> but it is not smal anymore
>=20
 GX
> and Hood
>=20
>=20
> > Craig,
> >
> > There are small meters and there are spot meters, but I know of no
> > small, spot meters.
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> > Craig Semetko wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks guys, I think you just talked me into getting mine overhauled
> >> with a new screen and be happy with what I've got. If I want to do
> >> closer portraits, I'll use my Leica and a longer lens.
> >>
> >> BTW, any recommendations on a small spot meter? Small being the
> >> operative word. Something for when I'm out with the Rollei and nothing
> >> else?
> >>
> >> Thanks again for such great info---Aaron, Jerry and Per.
> >>
> >> Craig

> >> ---
> >> Rollei List
> >>
> >> - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >>
> >> - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
> >> in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

> >> - Online, searchable archives are available at
> >> //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list
> >
> > ---
> > Rollei List
> >
> > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx