[rollei_list] question on operating and on screen for Rollei GX and Hood

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 00:41:18 +0200

I am looking for a Bay III Hood (pref. rigid) and for a screen without any
grid for the Rolleiflex GX
I might have some Rollei stuff for Bay I and II to swap with - other wise i
would be interested in buying.
I recall Maxwell ?? screens being mentioned on this list - I found that the
Prices for an original new Rolleiscreen in Denmark exceeds the price I paid
for the camera. Is there a Link to Maxwell ??

I think the GX feel somewhat different than the Automats I am used to
handle - is it built better / worse than the old cameras ?

Until recently I have been shooting pre mxvs automats without the
doubleexposusre thing in the film winding crank - sometimes I think i by
accident activate it - but I do not really know how to operate this feature
correctly - does anyone have a simple explanationon how to get this thing to
work ?

Since I got the GX I have had nothing but extended meetings and rain and so
on so I am dying to get my first film thru it.

best Ruben