[rollei_list] Re: prove it !

  • From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:25:04 -0500

jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jerry Lehrer) wrote:

>Eric,
>
>Plus thousands of emotional fanatics, trained by Wetzlar und Solms.
>
>Jerry
>
>Eric Goldstein wrote:
>
>> Richard Knoppow wrote:
>>
>> > The three dimenional quality is sometimes mentioned. I
>> > wonder what property or combination of properties leads to
>> > this. (snipped)
>>
>> That would be the combination of a good public relations team early
on
>and
>> an aggressive advertising/promotion budget... ;-)
>>
>> Eric Goldstein

I think there is something to this, though I might be a bit prejudiced.
My current PAW is, I hope, an illustration of the image quality that
some Leica lense produce:

http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

I could not have gotten the shots I got that evening with my Nikons, for
a number of reasons...very low light, very low shutter speeds, and
noise.  I took this shot, and others that night, with a quiet M7, set on
Auto.  Very few folks even noticed that I was shooting.  The low
background conversation noise covered the noise of the shutter, and, of
course, there was no flash.

Ken

--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier