[rollei_list] panorama attachment

  • From: dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:07:37 -0500 (EST)

I just purchased a Panorama attachment off ebay and then when it was too
late I noticed the one I got is different than any I had seen before.   As
I understand them,  when you put the Rollei on the attachment and put the
attachment on the tripod it places the Rollei forward a bit so that when
you turn it it turns on the film plane axis rather than the middle of  the
camera.    So the tripod connection to the attachment is not in line with
the connection from the attachment to the camera.   However the one I just
bought looks different,  it looks as though the tripod connection and the
camera connection line up.. which means that it would be no different than
not using it at all except that you have convenient click stops.

Are there two types of panorama heads?  Is the newer variety different
from the older variety?

this is the item number of the one I bought today:
160050264587

thanks
Dennis Purdy