[rollei_list] Re: old phone numbers

  • From: David Dodge <dannysoar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:12:47 -0500

I remember when, for some reason, they dropped the letters and went to all numbers without changing the way you dialed, So that PEnnsylvania 6-5000 became 736-5000 . I couldn't convince my uncle, who had something to do with the local phone company, that they didn't have to replace the machinery in the exchange.. It was the first time I was aware that I was smarter than a grownup.

David

----- Original Message ----- From: Peter K.