[rollei_list] Re: old phone numbers

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:56:52 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: Peter K.
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 2:33 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: old phone numbers

OK Richard. FWIW Strowger sold his patents in 1896.

Thanks but as you know lenses I know this history. It was my career for some time. I do not want to continue this as it seems to be something of an ego trip for you to outdo me. So I will leave it be. Thanks for the information.

Peter K

For Strowger see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almon_Strowger

He did sell the patent and also his shares of AE. The point is that the patent was expired by the time the cross-bar switch was developed. AE probably owned most of the stepping switch patents but I have not done any sort of patent search. Your history of ITT seems to be accurate.
   We will drop it.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA