[rollei_list] Re: [off-topic] super ikonta front cell focusing

  • From: stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:39:08 +0000

My early postwar super ikonta bx (f2.8 tessar t, front cell focusing) is
critically sharp. Its comperable to a Rollei tessar. Had a prewar uncoated
version that was sharp too, although much lower in contrast due to the lack of
coating.

I also once had a very sharp contaflex iii (45 mm f2.8 tessar t) that was also
front cell focusing.

I suspect the cheaper build of the super ikonta iv is more to blame than the
optical formula.