[rollei_list] Re: [off-topic] The new Fuji will be sold ... and affordable ?

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 07:44:05 -0400

I wasn't aware the Bessa II had these mechanical problems.  I have never
owned one because of the cost.  I just figured it had to be a great camera.
This is based on experience with my pristine 1933 9x12 cm Voigtlander
Bergheil with the 150mm/4.5 Heliar mounted in a rim set Compur shutter.  I
use a Rada 6x9 film back on it as well as 9x12 cm sheet film (Efke 100 is
readily available in that format).  I find it to be extremely well made. I
get good results and its one of my favorite cameras.  I just figured the
Bessa II had to be the same quality.  Just goes to show you what happens
when you talk about stuff without first hand knowledge.

Guess I can stop drooling over Bessa II eBay listings.

Rob