[rollei_list] Re: new member saying hello

  • From: laura a watt <lawatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:37:07 -0800

hello again --

You seem to have an Automat, Type II, given that body serial number. I would appreciate the lens serial number and, if you can read it, that of the shutter (it is probably on the bottom and VERY hard to read, if you can read it at all) for the Zeiss Lens List run by Charlie Barringer.

lens number is 2146293; I'm afraid I can't see a shutter number anywhere.

and thanks for the notes on the viewfinder -- I realize I'm only looking through it in the evening, and have done a very minimal cleaning to the outsides of the lenses (just wiped them off with my eyeglasses-cleaning cloth), so all may be well with clean lenses and daylight to look at. if it still seems dark, I'll take it to a good camera shop for some attention, as I don't trust myself to take a beastie like this apart.

Where are you in the Bay Area? I was graduated from High School in 1968 in northern Marin county (Novato) and we have other List members in your area.

I'm in the process of moving from oakland to living on a boat in san rafael, and I teach at Sonoma State a bit farther north. will be interested to know of other local list-members as i learn to shoot with this handsome camera.

best,
laura