[rollei_list] Re: "my problem with digital photography ..." (was: Karl Heitz, RIP (Query: Mechanical Cameras))

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:12:39 -0400

On Wednesday, April 13, 2005, at 09:20  PM, Peter K. wrote:

> On 4/13/05, Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, April 13, 2005, at 08:52 PM, Jim Somberg wrote, *inter
>> alia*:
>>
>>> Interestingly, my problem with digital photography is its incredible
>>> "fidgetiness" and seemingly unnecessary complications.
>>
>> Well, at least this doesn't apply to the point-and-shoots. (I am just
>> WAITING for that 100-megapixel, 100-exposure disposable
>> point-and-shoot digital from Kodak or Fuji for $10.98, to be made
>> available at any corner store! Maybe by 2015.)
>
> You will be waiting a loooonnnnggggg time.

I don't think so. At any rate I think such a thing will be available
within my lifetime (I intend to live to be a hundred, hale and hearty!)

Consider that ten years ago megapixels in even the best digital cameras
were about one-tenth of what they are now - there's even a 7 megapixel
cell phone now, for gawd's sake (see
<http://cameras.about.com/b/a/152456.htm>). At this rate, ten years
from now megapixels could EASILY be ten times or more compared to what
they are now - and imbedded into cell phones to boot!

Cheers.