[rollei_list] Re: maxwell screen

  • From: Michael Eric Berube <pj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:53:49 -0500

Alright. I did it. I got an RB67 No. 3 Rangefinder Spot Screen from a
friend for free for helping him with PC stuff. Took it out of it's
frame. Took the hood off my MX-EVS. Removed the old screen (once I
figured out how the spring clips work.) Cleaned the mirror while I had
easy access to it. Placed the old screen on the new screen on a hobby
cutting mat. Scored it with a sharp hobby knife. Snapped it to size with
flat bladed hobby pliers. (luckily my wife has all of these hobbies that
require this stuff!) I sanded the edges of the new screen with super
fine grit sandpaper. Cleaned the fingerprints and oils off. Placed it in
the hood assembly and put the spring clip back on. Replaced the hood and
now have a MUCH brighter Rolleiflex.

I've lost the 'grid' that was on the original and I DID scratch the
screen just a little on the edge when I was trying to score it, but it
is hardly noticeable and So much brighter, I don't care. The split in
the center and the micro collar make fine focusing much easier and the
corners are far brighter.

Thanks for the encouragement. Much happier with my TLR now that I can
see to focus it inside at night as well as outside at noon!

Carpe lumen,
Michael Eric Berube
GoodPhotos.com
AnotherMaine.com