[rollei_list] Re: maxwell screen

  • From: Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:22:28 -0500

This is within the do-it-yourselfer realm.

There are 4 soft brass screws holding the viewfinder hood to the
camera.  Remove them carefully with a properly fitting screwdriver.
They are very easy to damage, so take your time.  Remove the hood.

The focus screen is held against the bottom of the viewfinder as already
stated.  Simply remove the screws and clips, carefully remove the screen
and any shims that may have been added.

When you install the old screen you will find out whether or not the
installer found it necessary to adjust the viewfinder lens or not.  If
there are no shims and the focus is out, you're out of luck unless you
want to go further and readjust the viewfinder lens.

I can't imagine why I would ever go back from my Maxwell on my 2.8E.  I
prefer one with a plain grid, no focus aids, so its just like the
original just a heck of a lot easier to focus and see IMO.