[rollei_list] Re: looks like it is the end for agfa

  • From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:08:39 -0500

At 05:00 PM 5/27/2005, Ruben wrote:
>Agfa-Gevaert regrets this development for AgfaPhoto GmbH but is hopeful,
>that in the interest of preserving the employment and the business
>operations of AgfaPhoto group, the current difficulties can be overcome and
>that AgfaPhoto GmbH recovers quickly.

It appears that their filing is some form of bankruptcy protection.  I'm
not steeped in German law, but don't believe it's necessarily "The End" for
Agfa.  Undoubtedly there was significant wringing of hands, tearing of
hair, gnashing of teeth and rending of clothing when Rollei hit the rocks
some time ago, and they're still around.  So are the Zeiss Stiftung,
Schneider-Kreuznach and Leica.

-- John Lind