[rollei_list] Re: looks like ... agfa Sala

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:26:18 -0300 (ART)

Ruben:
       I'm afraid that your post has a serious
omission, you don't consider the process and the
chemicals used for the process, the secret for the
special Agfa Scala reversal process like for the
Rollei R3 pushed film process are the chemicals.
However, for the Scala film, its relationship with the
APX 100 is a historic data and is a technical data,
you can compare the spectral sensivity for the APX 100
and the Scala reading the Agfa film technical data
sheet, they are identical:

http://www.agfaphoto.com/en-GB/photography/professional-photography/films/downloads/F-PF-E4en.pdf

(It's necessary to scroll the page)

You can imagine the chemical process influence for the
grain if you consider that for "normal" films, there
are developers giving ultra fine grain, fine grain,
medium grain, etc., and in fact, the Scala film also
can be developed using a "normal" developer producing
excellent negs¡

All the best
Carlos