[rollei_list] Re: looks like ... agfa Sala

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:33:51 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 3:26 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: looks like ... agfa Sala

> The special knowledge is that Scala was on a transparent
> base; to my knowledge exceptional in this regard and so
> uniquely suited to reverse processing.
>
> I caught them calling the film ortho as well... I am
> assuming mistakenly but an odd mistake given there are
> virtually no ortho films left...
>

> Eric Goldstein

   Have you used any of Agfa's B&W negative films in 35mm?
I have not so I don't know what they are like. According to
the cross-section shown on the data sheets they have a sub
emulsion anti-halation coating like color transparency
films. If this is the case they would not need the pigmented
support and might not be using it. Perhaps someone on this
list has some actual processed film and could look. If the
base is clear it should work well for reversal.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx