[rollei_list] Re: loading the Automat

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:46:56 +0000 (GMT)

If you have an Automat, the arrows has nothing to do
regarding to advance the film till the number one, if
the lower film feeler mechanism works fine, when the
initial film tape passes through the two rollers, one
of them moves a pawn linked to a leverage that
changing its position finally engages the film counter
till the number one, afterwards starts to work other
film feeler mechanism placed behind the upper film
spool chamber( an axis with eccentric movement) that
measures the upper film spool thickness. It seems that
your camera has a problem when the film transport
needs to change from the lower film feeler to the
upper film feeler mechanism, perhaps a bad gear or a
gear or leverage that needs adjustment.-

All the best
Carlos
 --- wamyers@xxxxxxxxxx escribió:

> Hi guys--
>
> I have been following the discussion of shutter cock
> and film advance with
> interest, as I have what may be a related problem
> with my Automat 3: After
> the first exposure on a new roll, I cannot advance
> the film till I have
> released the shutter a second time (I cover the lens
> to avoid double
> exposing the first frame). From frame 2 to frame 12
> all works as it should
> (and the shots come out fine). I cannot tell without
> experimentation (I
> will now sacrifice a roll of film) whether this is
> due to a malfunction or
> my ignorance about exactly how far to advance the
> film when loading. I
> bought the camera last summer, did not get good
> instructions from the
> seller, and have dealt with this problem
> (intermittantly) ever since. To
> eliminate one variable: exactly where should the
> arrow on the film backing
> end up before closing the back of the camera?
> Perhaps the problem is my not
> advancing far enough?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill Myers