[rollei_list] Re: http://www.rollei-gallery.net/ ???

  • From: Emilio Perea <eperea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:31:59 -0600

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 12:59:03PM -0500, Jan Decher wrote:
> Folks what happened to our gallery:
> http://www.rollei-gallery.net/
>
> I am getting: The requested URL could not be retrieved .
> Was all the stuff deleted or moved to a new site?

Good question.  www.rollei-gallery.net has the IP address
207.149.241.6, which is online, but not answering requests under that
name.

Using the recently-disparaged (on the other list) web browser lynx, I
get:

                                 [fill.gif]

   Home |  Account Info  |  Web Sites Hosted: 981458  |  11 Users  |  109
   Guests  |  120 Total

                                 [fill.gif]

                               [mainlogo.gif]

   [iconerror.jpg] ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND

                    The page you are looking has either
                been removed or is temporarily unavailable.

     UPDATE 19-01-05 THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH SOME ACCOUNTS RESULTING IN
    THIS 404. THE SYSTEM IS BEING WORKED ON CURRENTLY TO RESOLVE THIS AS
                            QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

   IFRAME: /cgi-bin/esp/esp?PAGE=esp_iframe_adbanner.esp&rs=/404.esp&aid=

                       [portlandcommunications1.jpg]

     Hosting
     Free POP Account
     Internet Access
     Price List
     Member Portal
     Support
     AU Policy
     Contact

 [uk.gif]  [usa.gif]

 [visa.gif]
 [mastercard.gif]
 [delta.gif]
 [switch.gif]
 [solo.gif]
 [jcb.gif]

             Portland Communications uses IBM RS/6000 Servers

               Portland Communications is powered by Escapade

               Portland Communications offers MySQL Database

                   Portland Communications supports PHP

           Copyright © 1999-2004 by Portland Communications Ltd.
   All content is the property of Portland Communications and may not be
                       reproduced without permission.
                 Site Powered by Escapade® Scripting Engine
     Design by Squished Mosquito, Inc.. "Web Sites with HorsePower"(TM)
        Backend systems by objektiv.co.uk & ndcg.co.uk. Theme2003 by
                              MillroyClements.

No pretty pictures, but more useful information than IE or Mozilla give.
In particular:

     UPDATE 19-01-05 THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH SOME ACCOUNTS RESULTING IN
    THIS 404. THE SYSTEM IS BEING WORKED ON CURRENTLY TO RESOLVE THIS AS
                            QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

They've had over two weeks to fix the problem, but I assume that if it
had been fixed they would have removed the message.  Anyhow, the problem
does not seem to be restricted to www.rollei-gallery.net.

Emilio