[rollei_list] Re: get Durst and older Omega enlargers up to 4x5 for a song it seems odd

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:14:30 +0100

On 23 Jul 2009, at 10:52, Jan Decher wrote:

Carlos,
Did your buy your Kaiser VP 6000 new? I have had the Kaiser brochures
on file for years and like their design, but these days when you can
get Durst and older Omega enlargers up to 4x5 for a song it seems odd
to buy a new enlarger... Also doesn't the Kaiser 6000 series just go
to 6x6?
Writing this from Cambridge, UK. Very nice place but I am somewhat
frustrated about the many "no photography" signs. Looks like I
brought my 4.5/21mm Biogon in vain because you need special permission
everywhere to photograph indoor cathedral ceilings etc. especially
if you don't use the (ubiquious) "Japanese tourist" flash approach but dare to unfold even just a little Leitz table top tripod anywhere and mount your camera on it...
London today. Weather is super.
Jan
Put the camera on the pew beside you, lens up and take a time exposure. Ignore the camera while its doing this. If any one interrupts say one moment while I finish my prayers. This should work for anything non commercial.
All the best
Larry
cuffe
======Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:19:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Making Prints
I did my prints in the past and now I'm using the method about to scan
negs and slides to obtain good digital prints from the lab, however
last month I bought a Kaiser VP 6000 enlarger and think to obtain
optical/wet prints soon; I'm organizing my space to work with the
enlarger comfortably.-

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org