[rollei_list] Re: <for sale> 11/20/09 (including pictures)

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:56:04 -0500

I know the difference between well made, and made well-enough when it comes to machines, and with the reputation and recommendation of so many - well sustained over the years, I have very little doubt the Leica is worth the price it's being offered for here. Especially considering the seller. If I had it, I'd pay that, even as an amateur. If I were being paid to photograph weddings for instance, at $3-10K (and up) per event, an expense like that on a tool I'd be relying on (in addition to the much more expensive digital gear I'd certainly carry) would be covered by the end of the season.

Moreover, when you consider the price offered here as about the same as a new ZI rangefinder - which would you spring for? I'd go for the M6. So from that point of view alone, it's the right asking price.

E.

On Nov 20, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Thor Legvold wrote:

Best of luck with your sale Jim!

That aside, do people actually pay these prices?!? Seems pretty far out to me (Leica prices in general, not your asking prices specifically). Or are these simply status symbols for well heeled collectors (a la the 'anniversary' Rollei TLR limited production runs)? There appears to me to be a disconnect between the quality and the price. Great gear - absolutely. 2x-5x greater than anything else? Hardly....

Back to my trusty Contax IIa and Nikon FM3a...

A good weekend to all!

Thor

On 20. nov.. 2009, at 16.41, Jim Brick wrote:

Pictures at:

http://www.visualimpressions.com/Leica_M6_body_lenses_RW/index.html

Classic Leica M6, .72, black, perfect condition, includes extra battery compartment cover and soft release, all boxes, manuals, and papers. $1200.

50/1.4 Summilux-M, black, perfect condition, original box and papers. $1800.

Abrahamsson Rapid Winder, black, original box, perfect condition, $300.

I pay insured shipping to US destinations. Foreign buyer pays $40 for insured shipping of lenses & M6, $25 for winder. 10 day return privilege (returner pays return postage).

If interested, reply to: jim@xxxxxxxxx

Jim