[rollei_list] Re: <for sale> 11/20/09 (including pictures)

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:09:31 +0100

Best of luck with your sale Jim!

That aside, do people actually pay these prices?!? Seems pretty far out to me (Leica prices in general, not your asking prices specifically). Or are these simply status symbols for well heeled collectors (a la the 'anniversary' Rollei TLR limited production runs)? There appears to me to be a disconnect between the quality and the price. Great gear - absolutely. 2x-5x greater than anything else? Hardly....

Back to my trusty Contax IIa and Nikon FM3a...

A good weekend to all!

Thor

On 20. nov.. 2009, at 16.41, Jim Brick wrote:

Pictures at:

http://www.visualimpressions.com/Leica_M6_body_lenses_RW/index.html

Classic Leica M6, .72, black, perfect condition, includes extra battery compartment cover and soft release, all boxes, manuals, and papers. $1200.

50/1.4 Summilux-M, black, perfect condition, original box and papers. $1800.

Abrahamsson Rapid Winder, black, original box, perfect condition, $300.

I pay insured shipping to US destinations. Foreign buyer pays $40 for insured shipping of lenses & M6, $25 for winder. 10 day return privilege (returner pays return postage).

If interested, reply to: jim@xxxxxxxxx

Jim