[rollei_list] [for collectors] A good source of Rollei litterature in German

  • From: Bigler Emmanuel <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:43:15 +0100

Hallo Rollei Freunde!

I was looking to buy some (non-Rollei) books as future Christmas gifts for one of my relatives, and I came across an interesting web-address in Germany, a network of second-hand book dealers, http://www.booklooker.de

I tried "rollei" as a keyword ...

http://www.booklooker.de/B%C3%BCcher/Angebote/infotext=rollei

... and I found many entries, mostly advertising brochures or instructions manuals, but also many references to Rollei books, some well-known like Prochow's works, and some unknown. Almost all are, natürlich, auf deutsch, but not all: I just ordered a Rollei book in English by Fritz Henle (1965).

For second-hand books in Europe, traditional bookstores are not at all out of the game. Some are connected to one of the well-known Big Players, but many others prefer to stay independant and have their own set of web-networks and common web-ordering services. They are organised language by language and often country by country. For example in France one of those networks I'm very happy with is http://www.leslibraires.fr. I also have ordered books in Italy and Spain through other well-known web services like abebooks.

On http://www.booklooker.de you can pay with PayPal. For postal delivery to Europe I have found booklooker's rates reasonable. One difficulty of course is that you need to register and create an account in the local language. So it's a bit scary, but with the Paypal payment option, when you have to confirm and pay, you are re-directed to your own paypal account in your own language, hence no problem.

--
E.B.