[rollei_list] Re: flash with sl66E

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:17:28 -0700

If you are taking flash pictures indoors, the slow sync speed is meaningless since the flash duration will typically be 1/1000th sec. You only have to worry about ambient light being too bright for 1/30th, which indoors, typically is not a problem.

Outside, use slow film so that you can shoot at 1/30th at an aperture that works with for flash fill.

Any automatic flash will work with the SL66E but I believe Metz makes an SCA module that gives TTL flash with certain Metz flashes. Someone else will know about this. My SL66 cameras are all mechanical.

Jim

On Apr 6, 2008, at 8:40 AM, Frederic Vanwalleghem wrote:
Friends,

I would like to know what kind of flash I can buy so I can use it with the
SL66E. I heard the maximum sync time is 1/30

I found some old Metz flashes in a shop.

Kind regards;
Frederic