[rollei_list] Re: "different types of black boxes" (was: OT / prove it !)

  • From: FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 07:55:01 +0100 (BST)

I was agreeing with you until your last sentence then
you made a mistake.
At best, if everything you say about the amazing
sophistication of a Contax interior and the need of a
more expert technician to properly maintain it is true
then the Contax equals the Leica, but clearly in a
less efficient way.
I have, BTW, rebuilt a Cosworth F1 engine (the only
Ford bit BTW was that they sponsored the early
development, all the knowhow and engineering is
Cosworth, not a single Ford person outside the PR dept
being involved)
If a flathead engine produced the same specific power
as the Cossie it -would- be a better engine but since
a Leica equals the Contax with considerably simpler
design it is a superior product from my perspective.
This is just my opinion though.
Frank