[rollei_list] Re: developing 120 film - streaks, etc;

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:01:29 -0700

I started developing 120 B&W in 1952. E3 Ektachrome in 1954-55, on to E4, then E6. I've used every conceivable developer from every pre-packaged product, to Buetler's and Windish's concoctions, pyro, catechol, vitamin C, Rodinal (plus adaptations). All of this in stainless steel tanks (Nikor, Kinderman, etc), and I've never had an uneven development problem. I have always agitated the same way (learned in 1952) and a lot of time, I let the film sit between agitation cycles for two, three, up to five minutes.

I shoot a lot of landscapes, lots of blank sky. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I do not get uneven development on roll or sheet film. But yes, I have gotten sprocket hole surge marks on 35mm film, but quickly figured out what the problem was and fixed it. That was a long time ago...

Jim

At 02:24 PM 10/4/2007 -0400, Jerry Laderberg wrote:
A friend had the same problems, cured them by switching to pyro with 15 seconds of rolling inversions every 30 seconds.