[rollei_list] Re: date of manufacture
- From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:58:20 -0500
On Dec 13, 2005, at 4:27 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:
Prochnow (Rollei Report 2, p.G-589) shows the range of SL-66 serial
numbers as 2,900,000 to 2.927,800 for the years 1966 to 1982. I
don't know how the numbers were assigned or what the yearly
production was. Without knowing that one can't find the exact year
of production from the camera number, however, it seems to be a
quite late one.
That would indicate that only 27,800 were built in that 16 year
period, or an average of about 1,737 per year, 144 a month, roughly
six per production day. I knew this was a low-production camera, but
never realized production was that low! I wonder what Hasselblad
production numbers were for the same time period.
- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org
- Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org
- Online, searchable archives are available at
Other related posts: