[rollei_list] Re: cheap scanner...

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 10:53:14 -0700

I think it depends on the individual computer. After installing W10 I got the usual notice from Firefox asking if it should be my default browser and answered yes. It set and has continued. Firefox seems to take a long time to load on both of machines, maybe too much stuff attached to it. I still prefer it because I can run an ad blocker. Edge does seem to be very fast. For some reason my internet speed sometimes gets slow. When I reboot it comes back up. Not sure where this is happening but I was getting the same thing in 8.1. It may be my anti-virus. I use Kaspersky on this machine but am not sure I like it, it seems buggy. However, it has a very good reputation.

On 8/1/2015 10:38 AM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

Yes Richard, I'm having a similar experience too. The only "problem" was that it was not so simple and direct to establish Mozilla Firefox as my preferred web browser, because Windows 10 "forgot" my selection after I closed it and open it again, but I found the way to do it from Windows in the Toolbar. Anyway, I detected Mozilla became too slow to upload images from the PC to Facebook, however using the new MS Edge explorer, things were very quick perhaps Mozilla needs to be reloaded despite it works fine to upload images to Flickr. I feel like my PC, in general, is quicker with Windows 10 than with the 7 PS1 version.

I am also running Windows 10 64 bit version in a small Acer
laptop. So far it works fine but I have mostly new programs this
machine except for Photoshop 7. I did the same as you Carlos; I
reserved an upgrade and downloaded it almost as soon as it was
available. Also installed fairly quickly and fairly painlessly.

On 8/1/2015 4:01 AM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

<mailto:dwilli10@xxxxxxx>>:

"...Windows 10 is apparently late on general release so I
will just wait."

DAW

Don:

I'm using Windows 10 from July, 29th, it's a 7 and
8.1 versions mix and looks good. I did not wait for the
notification about the availability, I looked for it from the
little application Windows Upgrade installed on my 7 version and
it was available. It took about 90 minutes to install the new
version; the installer kept all my files and software, even the
desk configuration and they are working fine, including VueScan
and the original Epson software for the v700.

Carlos

-- Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
WB6KBL