[rollei_list] Re: changing lens formulas

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 17:11:28 -0500

There was actually relatively poor quality control from many lens
makers well into the 60s and 70s; factory tolerances told the story.
Until automation yielded tighter manufacturing tolerances for overseas
makers, which really began in the 70s but did not become wide-spread
till the 80s, there was very significant individual variation from
even the best manufacturers...

Eric Goldstein