[rollei_list] Re: b&w film for portrait work...

  • From: "JMN *" <retinaiiic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:41:48 -0500

T-Max 400 is a great film, but not as red sensitive as kodak says. If you want the blue sky to appear you might want to consider using a yelow filter otherwise it may turn to a wash.
The new TriX 400 is good too. Ilfords delta films are nice and Agfa makes a great APX 400 film.
If you are going to develop I'd suggest sticking with Kodak HC-110 at 32:1.

John

----Original Message Follows---- From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx> Reply-To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [rollei_list] b&w film for portrait work... Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:13:53 -0500

Listers,

Two questions:

1. I'm planning on shooting a lot of portraits of my Dad, and Mother, at the nursing home, all in b&w, and since I'm going to start back doing my own film developing when I return from the trip, do you have suggestions about film to use? I'll be shooting with my 2.8F with Rolleinar.

2. I seem to remember seeing a DOF chart for use with Rolleinars, but I can't locate it. Anybody have this handy?

Thanks,

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PAW):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn