[rollei_list] Re: beattie vs ground glass with rolleigrid

  • From: "Marvin" <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:22:03 +0800

Is the Rollei grid you are referring to a Rollei grid or a ground glass?
I have found both the Maxwell and Beattie screens too bright-good for dark
conditions but too bright for ordinary conditions. The basic advantage of
the TLR in my view, is that the screen allows you a sneek preview of the
negative. If the contrast is too high in the viewfinder because of the
screen then you can't see "details." A screen that is neither too bright nor
dim is my ideal.
Thanks,
Marvin.