[rollei_list] Re: age old digital vs film debate...again...was RE: OT Ancient Computers

  • From: Mark Delman <hmdelman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:27:58 -0800 (PST)

Elisa:

The cost of printing depends on the ink coverage.  A typical newsletter is
20-30% ink coverage.  A photo printed to the edges of the page is probably 95%
coverage.  I don't know inkjet costs, but an 8x10 newsletter printed on a color
laser printer probably costs $.20 for the consumables.  Check the Xerox web
site for cost of printing on the Phaser line of laser printers.

You might also look at the Kodak site.  They introduced an inkjet printer last
year and the key differentiator islower ink costs.  Kodak probably haa some
stats on inkjet printing costs since they would want to show that the Kodak
inkjet is less expensive than other models.

-Mark