[rollei_list] Re: Zeiss ZF lenses

  • From: "Bob McClelland" <rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:43:03 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Dan Kalish" <Kaliushkin@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:44 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Zeiss ZF lenses

> No autofocus, either.  They're manual focus.  The B&H  press
> release/information doesn't say whether or not they're AI or AIS.  It's
hard
> to read between the lines.  On one hand, these are Nikon F mounts, and F
> takes non-AI lenses.  OTOH, these can readily be used on DSLRs, such as
the
> D2_.

Without metering, or anything else, of course.

> What is this "1.5x magnification factor" that they're talking about?

On a DSLR, because of the ccd size, the 50mm lens gives the same coverage as
a 75mm lens would. On my D70 I (usually) use a 28mm Nikkor so I get as near
to 50mm as possible (actually 42mm equivalent).  All the 'non-digital'
lenses do this on a Nikon DSLR.

Bob McClelland
Cornwall (U.K.)
www.marscovista.com