[rollei_list] Re: Zeiss Lens Cleaner

  • From: <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:16:27 -0700

Years ago I did a study of lens cleaners and tissues because at the "Camera
Assistant's Olympics" get together meeting Pancro Lens Cleaner was voted
best by its membership.
http://www.filmtools.com/panlencleanf.html

They also voted for Rosco lens tissues.
http://www.filmtools.com/roslentispad.html

The results of my study was I would agree with there consensus.
I also us Mikros cloths occasionally, and usually after a few uses they are
washed with dish detergent and rinsed with very clean water I limit there
use because of possible particle contamination that might scratch lens
coating.
I find the Rosco lens tissues the best of what's out their.

I do keep my cleaning tissues is a sealed container to limit particle
contamination. I also never clean lenses or filters in the field, and if it
is absolutely necessary I find some place indoors, or a vehicle where moving
air won't deposit abrasive particles on the class surfaces. My CR33 plastic
graduated N.D. filters are another story.

Jonathan Ayers [ mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]