[rollei_list] Re: Zeiss Ikon OOB in 1971

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:42:24 -0400

At 01:33 PM 7/22/2010, Don Williams wrote:

Now for the topper, which may have been a dealer-generated story. He said, years ago when I got the RTS, that the glass was made in Germany and the lens assemblies were done in Japan. All I know for sure is that the performance of the fixed focal length lenses is superb and that works for me.

This was a dealer-generated story. All Japanese lenses had Japanese elements, to my fairly certain knowledge -- Kyocera is unaware of any exceptions to that rule. All German lenses had German elements though, from 1975 onwards, many of these elements were made from Japanese glass, mainly from Hoya.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!