[rollei_list] Re: Zeiss Ikon OOB in 1971

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:42:13 -0400

Hi Marc,

I don't believe that the "Made In Germany" lenses were "demo models".  There
are just too many of them available for this to be the case.

Certainly, for the last years of Contax RTS production, most of the lenses
were made in Japan.  No doubt.  Whether that's %10 or not, I have no idea.
But, even if it is %10 of the overall Contax RTS lens production, is %10 a
reasonable number for "demo models"?  I don't think so.  I do believe that
the less expensive and far more common lenses, like the 50/1.4, were
predominantly made in Japan.  That's one end of the scale.  But other lenses
probably had a much higher percentage made in Germany over their lifetime.

Regards,

Austin