[rollei_list] Re: Zeiss Ikon OOB in 1971

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:15:10 -0400

This discussion is becoming incredibly silly. I only wish Charlie Barringer, the doyen of Zeiss lore, yet lived.

AUSTIN: LISTEN. Lens production started in Germany and ran for thousands and thousands of lenses until ALL production quirks were ironed out. Then production shifted to Japan, where hundreds of thousands of lenses were made. Lenses made by Kryocera were marked "Carl Zeiss" and "Made in Japan". German and Japanese lenses were made to identical optical standards and were subjected to the same final testing standards. All of this is beyond questioning and Zeiss literature supports this.

Austin seems to be more than a bit of a bigot. He probably also sneers at Singapore Rollei 35's. Kid, your racism is showing. There is NO difference between a German and Japanese lens optically. You worship snob appeal, Austin; when I was using an RTS, I went for the quality lenses at the cheap price, and bought Japanese. But, then, I am Scottish, and tight with a buck.

In any event, none of these lenses are in production today.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!