[rollei_list] Re: Zeiss Ikon OOB in 1971

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 01:13:44 -0300

2010/7/22 Marc James Small ...

 "...Asahi taking with it the K-Mount, the joint multi-coating
> process, and access to the Voigtländer electronic shutter patents.  (Asahi
> made its name on the M42 mount, developed at Carl Zeiss Jena i 1938, and in
> the K-Mount, developed at Oberkochen in the late 1960's.)

Marc:
         I'm not interested about the current thread since we
discussed on Nikon and other Japanese cameras some months ago, however
I'm afraid you are not considering Asahi Pentax fundamental
contributions for the photographic industry:
 Pentax, before than Canon and Nikon,
introduced the TTL metering in 1964; the Pentax ME-F is widely
acclaimed as the world's first TTL autofocus SLR camera employing a
TTL autofocus sensor, it was launched in 1982 with a dedicated AF Zoom
lens. It also produced the Japan's first SLR camera in 1954, the
Asahiflex, _which utilized an instant return mirror system_.  In 1971,
the Pentax ES was the world's first SLR camera with a through-the-lens
(TTL) aperture-priority (AE) control. Using aperture priority, the
stepless electronically controlled shutter responds to the amount of
light and chooses the appropriate shutter speed.
Pentax cameras were very significant for the 35mm pro cameras
evolution, it was not only the M42 and the  K mount.