[rollei_list] Re: Zeiss 1.4 55

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:54:45 +0200

The film/motion picture industry, arguably the heavist user of fine optics,
does everything manual focus, and (in general) abhors AF. At least for
film/movie work. You're using focus to tell a story, you don't want the camera
to take over the reins....

I think the same thing applied in photography, and when you know your camera,
you should be able to focus as quickly and surely as any AF system. Plus you'll
end up focusing where you want, not where the camera thinks you want.

Cheers,
Thor

(been quiet here lately...)