[rollei_list] Re: Yanke Ground Glass...?

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 07:40:47 -0700

I wonder how much a Rolleigrid costs. May no longer be available. This is a plastic field lens which fits on top of the ground glass in a Rollei. It makes a significant difference in apparent brightness, at least it makes the corners brighter. At one time they were pretty cheap. I have one on each of my Rollei TLRs except the Old Standard. I am not convinced that fancier field lenses, like a Maxwell screen, really offer much more.

On 8/1/2019 4:22 AM, Decher Jan wrote:

Hi Dave,

I was just looking for some reference/experience report for these screens before I sink 90 Euros into a China-built screen…

Best,
Jan

On Jul 29, 2019, at 6:24 PM, David Stumpp <photos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:photos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote
I haven't, Jan, but I would be very interested to know whatever you learn. Would you keep us informed, please?

Best,
Dave