[rollei_list] Re: Whiteface T with Xenar question

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:40:21 -0400

Richard -

As these are fixed lens cameras, your argument is mute for practical
purposes. So again, I'll return to the statement that unless the test
examples have been brought up to factory specs before testing, the
test results will indicate nothing...

I believe the factory and some technicians (Forcher for example) did
have the ability to test the lens on the camera sans film...

BTW you made the statement that the film is the limiting factor for
lens tests, and strictly speaking, this would depend upon what
emulsion was used. Some emulsions exceed the resolution of these
lenses by a factor of 2 or more, so there is no practical
limitation...

Eric Goldstein