[rollei_list] Re: What is Velox? What are lantern slides?

  • From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 08:43:34 -0500

Lantern slides are the slides that predated 35mm slides. In short, they are
120 (6x6) slides sandwiched between two pieces of glass. The older
projectors were long metal things with a nice black wrinkled paint finish. I
had a medical entomology class from an old geezer at Tulane University who
had nothing but lantern slides for his lecture. Great pictures, like a
mosquito control truck towing a chemical spraying device (and the truck
looked like something Bonnie and Clyde rode in).

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/