[rollei_list] Weston Master II Checked Against Meter in Contaflex

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 15:28:33 -0400

On Monday, May 2, 2005, at 03:12  PM, Peter K. wrote:

> I'm with you. Once you go digital (for meters) you never go back to
> analog.

I checked my Weston Master II against the selenium meter in my
Contaflex, and they both match very closely indeed (the Contaflex is
set to a film speed of ASA 400 and the Weston Master II set to a film
speed of Weston 320).

They are both analogue meters, I presume, since they were both made in
the '50s -but the one in the Contaflex is VERY easy to use: just match
the two needles. I don't think it could be any easier.

But before I checked, I guesstimated the LV of the scene I was
measuring to be 11, and so it was. So I think guesstimation is the
easiest of all! (uh ... for those who can do it, I mean.)

Cheers.