[rollei_list] Re: Weird Little Rollei

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:42:22 -0000

Marvin, do you mean the 2000F/3003/3001 series?

If so see: http://www.cameraquest.com/rol3003.htm and no doubt others
too.

I have a 3003 and use it for my 35mm photography. I like the flexability
of the two viewfinders. NiCd batteries are a bore but can be replaced
with NiMH cells which do not have the 'memory' issues. The
interchangeable magazines are not much use to me now although I have
used them in the past when it is quicker to change a magazine rather
than rewind and load a new film. I have had shutter jamming problems on
a couple of occasions but they were fixed in a service. Metering is
reliable as is TTL flash with SCA 356 adapter.

A Polaroid back, underwater housing and night vision attachment were
some of the 'extreme' accessories available (at a cost though).

I hope this helps

Regards

John