[rollei_list] Wedding Films

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:41:03 -0700

My choice for wedding film is Kodka Portra 400VC rated at ISO250. If you
want there is also Portra 400NC (Natural color not as punchy). Main reason
is latitude and fine grain. Rated at ISO 250 you get the shadow detail you
want and also gives you the edge it you slightly underexpose you are at the
rated 400. Overexpose the film 2-3 stops, still beautiful prints.
Dark church? Go to Portra 800. I have printed 16x20 from 35mm negs with
400VC and it is gorgeous. 120 would only make it better.

Peter K

On 5/17/06, Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There are better films than Reala. I would not use it for a wedding. I'd use NPS or NPH. They will give you better results. I use Reala, I like it, I don't use it for photos of people. I prefer Fuiji to Kodak, but I wouldn't use Reala to take photos of people. There are better choice.

I use Ilford 3200 at 100 for my NYC work, but  wouldn't use it for
portraits.

You've got to use some judgment when you work with film. Pink cheeks
aren't flattring.

Doug

On May 17, 2006, at 9:15 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

>  --- Eusebio Huélamo <ehuelamo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> escribió:
>> "if anything can go
>> wrong it will" and the error probability is
>> propotional -at least- to
>> the square power of interest you have.
>>
>> Now, any intensifier formula?.
>>

> I'm afraid your position about this issue is very
> difficult, you know that a push process during film
> development or a supplementary process after film
> development to reinforce the development increase the
> contrast but details not much, if the film did not
> capture these details during the exposure the
> chemicals couldn't invent them.A supplementary
> reinforcement process could be useful if the
> development process was short too much and then you
> could obtain more details from the neg or if you wish
> to increase contrast.
> You used a color neg film for prints, perhaps a
> professional lab dedicated to special processes like
> Dr 5 (I don't remember if they work with color
> processes, I think yes) could give you an exact answer
> to your question.
> I understand your position, after 26 years I still
> "hate" the photographer that took the photos for my
> first marriage ceremony in the Church, his flash did
> not work and we don't have photographs about the
> ceremony, each time that my children ask me or to
> their mother why they can't see the photos about their
> parents wedding ceremony I must answer " the
> photographer's flash did not work" , the children look
> at me as saying "Are you joking?" and then I recall
> again that photographer... excuse me for the anecdote,
> but I couldn't avoid to remember it.
> I hope that you could solve the problem, at least in
> part, I think only a professional lab dedicated to
> special chemical processes could give you a yes or no
> definitive.-
>
> All the best
> Carlos

> Yahoo! Autos. Más de 3.000 vehículos vendidos por mes.
> ¿Qué esperás para vender el tuyo?
> Hacelo ahora y ganate un premio de Yahoo!
> http://autos.yahoo.com.ar/vender/

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬