[rollei_list] Re: Warning buying on Ebay.

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:32:36 -0500

At 11:28 AM 10/26/2012, you wrote:

Warning buying on Ebay.

The following listings show falsified Oceanside Camera Repair invoices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rollei-Rolleiflex-3-5-E2-Planar-Harry-Fleenor-CLAD-2011-NO-RESERVE-/160907983600?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item2576dcfaf0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rollei-Rolleiflex-Automat-3-5-MX-Xenar-Harry-Fleenor-CLA-2011-NO-RESERVE-/160905721699?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item2576ba7763

I asked the seller on this item and he claims Harry did it in 2011 but couldn't produce an exact date, invoice amount, or invoice number. If this is an incorrect listing the seller should be reported.

The other one has been withdrawn.

The reason I am sensitive about this is that I just received back a solid gold watch that had been on consignment at a dealer in San Diego since I was there in June. They claim they spent $600 doing a CLA and refinish. Strange thing- there were some small scratches on the back that show in one of my documentation photos and they are still there plus a new one. They could not have refinished it! I also doubt they opened the case. Omega charges around $800 to overhaul this particular watch.

If I list it as having been overhauled in June I could well be lying about that.

The scratches are in a place that has a fine "sandpaper" finish, circular, and I can't simply polish them out.

Jerry L. knows the rest of this sad story-

DAW

It is wise to check with me (Harry Fleenor) to verify any invoices of Oceanside Camera Repair posted on Ebay.

Thank You

Harry Fleenor

Oceanside Camera Repair
909 Aviation Blvd #4
Manhattan Beach Ca.
310 374-6506
harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Repairing Rolleiflex TLRs, (including Rolleiflex 2.8F, 3.5F, Rolleiflex 2.8E-3, 2.8E-2, 2.8E, 2.8D, 2.8C, , 2.8B, 2.8A, Rolleiflex 3.5E-3, 3.5E-2, 3.5E, 3.5, Automat X, 3.5 Automat MX, Automat MX E-V, Tele Rolleiflex, Wide-Angle Rolleiflex, Rolleicord Vb, Va, V, IV, and Rolleiflex T) Rollei SL66 and Rollei 35.