[rollei_list] Re: Wanted to Buy Macintosh SE/30

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 05:59:55 -0400

On Sep 18, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Javier Perez wrote:

Actually I'm looking for an old OS and maybe some old apps. Do you know where I could get startable disks images. I have seen the apple site but their only downloads are for uogrades and they don't have any interesting apps. Any helop is greatly appreciated.

Javier:

Apple makes System 7 available for free download. These links shamelessly copied from Wikipedia:

Mac OS 7.5.3 and the 7.5.5 (US English) update can be downloaded for free: http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/ Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/

Other languages and English versions can be found at: http:// download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/

Open the first link and then click on "Older System," "System_7.5_Version_7.5.3"

That's the complete System 7.5.3 OS. From there you can get the updaters to get you to 7.5.5 or 7.6.1, though it looks like the SE/30 only officially supports 7.5.5. Have fun.

Best wishes,

Aaron