[rollei_list] Re: Wanted to Buy Macintosh SE/30

  • From: "Javier Perez" <summarex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:17:27 -0400

My first machine was a //e with a cp/m card. Then I went with a used deskpro 8086 and never looked back. I always liked the little macs with their all in one format though, and I've thought about getting over the years, purely on a nostalgia trip. I've gotten a classic so far but the SE/30 is the one that would make the day for me. Problem is they usiually aren't worth the cost of shipping so most folks don bother advertising them. I was hopingf someone might still have one and could be coaxed into selling it. They are awfully cute though!
Ironically, Apple has gone back to the Macintosh format, only this time it's a slightly thicker than usual 23" flat panel with an all in one mother board and drives stuffed in. I was figuring someone would do this and I'm not surprised apple did.
Javier

PS: I still have the //e and the deskpro and both work!

From: "Marvin Wallace" <Marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Wanted to Buy Macintosh SE/30
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:26:08 -0700

I too was a Macintosh user, and then I bought a P.C and found that there is
little difference between the two, the exception being Macs are stupidly
overpriced. P.C's are cheaper faster and have a whole lot more accessories
at a third of the price.

--- Rollei List