[rollei_list] Re: WTB: SL66 thingies

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:13:10 -0700

I'm having a hard time distinguishing whether my SL66 80/2,8 Planar is any
better or worse than my 80/2.8 Planar on my Rolleiflex 2.8E TLR.  Then again
I highly suspect they are identical.

Richard S.

On 5/19/06, Jeff Dilcher <dilcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My 80mm lens has a lens hood. Unfortunately, some of the non glare "coating" on the inside of the lens hood has peeled off, leaving a shiny subsurface visible. I haven't used it much because I am afraid the glare from the shiny areas will defeat the purpose of the lens hood!

If you want to start some interpersonal disputes, let me hang
this question out there-

Do the lenses created for the SL66 produce sharper images than
the built in lenses on the TLR Rolleis?

I wonder if anyone might have a strong opinion?